13. May 2013 08:00
Creating a kid-friendly pediatric cart that can help distract attention from the needle is one approach you can use to make a difference in a child's venipuncture experience. Best of all, because by nature the cart is mobile, you can take your "distractions" with you wherever you have to perform a draw.
1. Start with a cart that accommodates your phlebotomy tray.
I recommend the cart that accommodates our exclusive pediatric tray for optimum distract-ability.
2. Add colorful and playful accessories that aid in distraction while providing you efficient storage.
- Bins (we have 2 sizes available currently
- Waste basket (our animal-shaped trash cans include a mounting bracket)
Of course, you can add other essential items like a sharps container, as long as there's room on the cart pole.
3. Embellish with decorations, like our Pole Pals, wherever you can for more pizzazz and distractions.
That's it. Now you have an efficient cart for you and a helpful distraction for kids.